1. Check Eligibility Status
You are eligible to elect benefits on your first day of employment. Your benefits coverage will begin after 31 days of employment.
Many of the plans allow you to cover your eligible dependents, which include:
- Your legal spouse or common law spouse*
- Your children up to age 26, regardless of student, marital, or tax-dependent status (including a stepchild, legally adopted child, a child placed with you for adoption, or a child for whom you are the legal guardian)
- Your dependent children of any age who are physically or mentally unable to care for themselves
NOTE: You may need to provide proof of your dependent’s eligibility, such as a marriage license, birth certificate or court document.
*Common law spouses are only eligible in Texas.
2. Enroll in Your Benefits
New employees must enroll within 31 days of hire date.
To enroll, follow these three steps:
- Use your employee ID to log in to the My DT Benefits website. Your password is the last four digits of your Social Security number followed by your six-digit employee ID number.
- Click on the “Manage My Benefits” tab at the top of the page. Then select the “Start Now” button under “Open Enrollment.”
- Follow the prompts leading you through each benefit option. Make sure to click “Confirm Elections” at the end of the page after reviewing all of your benefit elections.
Don’t wait until the last minute to enroll. Make sure you’re covered by enrolling in your benefits as soon as you’re eligible.
Need to Change Your Benefits?
Existing employees should enroll during the annual open enrollment period unless you’ve experienced a qualifying life event such as birth/adoption, marriage, or loss of coverage. For life events, you can request a change in benefits by completing the Life Status Change Transaction within 31 days of the qualifying event on the My DT Benefits website.
Need More Details?
Understand your options and view information on all the benefits available to you in the Benefits Owner’s Manual [PDF] .